Jean's Blog

For each participant, a special personal 'blog' area to mark with milestones, complaints, goals achieved and many other of your personal thoughts.
Mark

Jean's Blog

Post by Mark » December 31st, 2008, 7:49 pm

Jean's Blog

Jean

Post by Jean » January 2nd, 2009, 3:56 am

Thank you Mark for all your hard work to get this up and running for us so today we begin. And by saying this I do not mean to put any unrealistic expectations on myself or anyone else. Weight has been a life long issue for me and it took me many years to be comfortable in my own skin and I'm not about to let go of the self esteem I finally have gotten control of. So I put pride in the back pocket and asked my family physician for a walker with wheels and a seat. I asked if I had to meet any criteria to qualify for one. He looked at me like I was kidding "you want one you got one" I said well I do you see I went to the mall to try to shop for Christmas and I just couldnt make it and not only for heart related slow downs I have a serious back problem not to mention that lovely ankle I broke and had to have four surgeries on. I walk like a peguin or a weeble wobble. But my point is I want to walk not ride in a scooter but I need to be able to stop and set when I have to and if you have ever tried to shop with a purse in one hand and a cane in the other its hard to look at anything on the rack and try to hold everything. So I have my walker with wheels but it really looks more like a stroller (thank goodness) I said to the lady at the medical supply is that my only choice to the bright red WALKER looking one I said I am just not that old yet lol Ok pride creeped up there but I have a nice blue one. My children decided to call it blue thunder!!!! lol I loved that so I am sorry I have rambled on the blog so much today but actually its kind of nice to get this all out kind of putting it out there makes it real and the getting blue thunder is a way of dealing with making my limitations easier to cope with. So my first lesson for the new year put pride in your back pocket if you need something to help you accomplish your goals get it. Blue Thunder and I are going to walk the mall as our first step toward better health. Have a great day guys.

Jean
:2thumbs:
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010

judimel

Post by judimel » January 2nd, 2009, 10:31 am

Jean,

I'm so proud of you and so happy that you have found something that works for you! That truly is the key I think. Good luck and keep that wonderful attitude!

Jean

Post by Jean » January 9th, 2009, 1:16 am

Well I feel like I have done well I have not been extreme with the dieting but conciense of what I'm eating and how much. The scales say 2 pounds to the minus. Of course I am happy with it and I realize with my CHF it could all be water lol how is everyone else doing? And Helen did you ask about your rollerator or what ever fancy name they have for that thing..... Jean
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010