CarlB's Blog

For each participant, a special personal 'blog' area to mark with milestones, complaints, goals achieved and many other of your personal thoughts.
CarlB

Post by CarlB » January 1st, 2009, 7:51 pm

Thanks so much for your willingness to take this on. I cheated and started last week getting on the threadmill again. Now to work on intake.
CarlB

CarlB

Post by CarlB » January 4th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Busy day at the Wellness Center - all the New Year's Resolutions I think. Four days four miles, my wife convinced me to check my weight only once each week so Friday will be my first day of really knowing if all the work and writting things down what I'm eating will help. Must stay away from Culver's - to much Ice Cream.
CarlB

Mark

Post by Mark » January 7th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Carl you have a smart wife there- obsessing about weight loss everyday and weighing yourselef only leads you to think you are doing well because you see little to know change day by day. AND STAY AWAY FORM THE ICE CREAM.... :lol:

CarlB

Post by CarlB » January 17th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Well, My wife JoAn and I have finally settled on what diet or call it a diet trial. We are starting on Monday the "Flat Belly" Diet. We have both researched the possible problems and decided its worth a shot. For me it will be a few more calories then she will take, but the type of foods and the limitation of salt will work. My advantage will being able to hit the treadmill more often that she will. Its interesting.
CarlB

CarlB

Post by CarlB » January 23rd, 2009, 5:45 pm

Finished first phase of the "Flat Belly" Diet, and have lost 7 pounds in the first four days. Most is water weight I'm sure, but my clothes don't lie. My wife also noted that the zippers and buttons worked without straining( my words ) and that things were basically easier to fit into. Off to the next phase. I'm trying to stay on about 1900 cal. with 3 meals plus one snake a day. 450 calories per meal if possible is the goal. I might need more later if I get tired because I try to exercise at least 5 times a week.

One thing, it does seem that this will cost more than some of the other diets. I went shopping alone, and I know I bought more than we will need this next week.

Good luck to the rest of you.
CarlB

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB » January 23rd, 2009, 6:08 pm

Carl congrats on your weight loss so far.

Umm you put 1 snake a day and I sure hope you meant snack instead LOL.Unless you plan on adding snake to your diet.I know in Texas and other states they eat rattlesnake but I bet you don't.

Have a great weekend.

DonnaB

CarlB

Post by CarlB » January 24th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Donna, yes I meant snacks - However, we have the finest "Ice Snakes" in the world here in Minnesota. We have been having -20 below and windchills of 45 to 50 below off and on for a few weeks. Ice snakes are all over the place, they are on the sidewalks waiting to snag and pull anyone they can down to there level. The roads are covered with their young, mounds and mounds of wispy snakes that puffup and make the vision on the road impossible. They wait in lightly little drifts along gravel roads seeking out tires to make them slip and slide. Well you get the idea. Thanks for the support. I'm heading out to run over some of the snake forming drifts with my downhill "Silver Streak 8" that I got when I was a kid at the local Gambles store.
CarlB

CarlB

Post by CarlB » February 6th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Well, my wife and I are learning to live and enjoy some of the new foods on the "FlatBelly Diet". Lost another 4 pounds and I must say this might work. Look it up on the internet and see what you think.
CarlB