Am I supposed to be feeling the pacing and pulsating?

A Forum for those with or for those who know people with ICD's and are interested in their ongoing desire and work towards optimum weight.
grebflow

Am I supposed to be feeling the pacing and pulsating?

Post by grebflow » November 21st, 2010, 12:43 am

Ok, day 3 since implant.

when i was in the hospital i could feel a weird sensation. like what i imagine pacing would feel like. the doctor looked at me like i was crazy. when the medtronic rep came out i told her i felt something and she said "oh you felt that? that was me" and she tried again and i felt it again. she said that every now and again someone will feel it. ok, just one of the lucky ones i guess.

since i've been home i've had two more incidents - once yesterday where i felt two pulses - freaked me out enough where i jotted it down. then this afternoon the same feeling - multiple pulses. anxiety was high because i imagined this is how it feels when the damn thing is charging before it delivers "therapy."

I haven't called anyone yet. I figured I would post something to you folks and see if this is just normal stuff i have to get used to living with from now on...

btw - ended up going sub-pec. The pain sure is real but also real worth it. Looks great, I just can't move yet. Loving the idea of forgetting it's there because it can't be seen - wasn't counting on how much i can FEEL it doing stuff in there though.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

grebflow

Re: Am I supposed to be feeling the pacing and pulsating?

Post by grebflow » November 21st, 2010, 3:12 am

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

I was cruising weight loss forum because I need to lose some beta blocker butt!!!