Here's a Tip!!

A Forum for those with or for those who know people with ICD's and are interested in their ongoing desire and work towards optimum weight.
Tracey Burns

Here's a Tip!!

Post by Tracey Burns » April 10th, 2009, 2:52 am

Hi all you weight loss gurus! I have a tip that I worked on last year with huge success.
If you can decrease (or better yet cut out altogether) the intake of wheat, i.e. bread, cakes, cookies etc. the weight will literally fall off you. It's hard at first (particularly the bread) but once you get used to it, it gets a lot easier. I lost about 6kg in 2 months (not sure what that is in pounds but it's a good weightloss). Whenever you go out, try and take the Gluten Free option if available, and instead of wheat crackers with dips etc., get rice crackers or GF corn chips. For pasta, you can get "rice and vegetable" pasta (gluten/wheat free) which I actually buy now as my whole family likes it better than wheat pasta.

I noticed even in the first week, I felt less bloated and just healthier in general. Try Sushi as opposed to burgers, and ask if you can get a gluten/wheat free based pizza. Eat heaps of veges and limited fruit (2 pieces/day). Walk at least 1/2 hr 4 days/wk and you will see the weight simply fall off you. I still have a drink occasionally but just not too much!

Good luck everyone!

Tracey B

Keep Movin!
:runn:
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)

I love this website!

Tenny

Re: Here's a Tip!!

Post by Tenny » July 3rd, 2013, 10:59 pm

There are really nice and most informative post. I am totally surprised after read your post. I would like thanks to you that you share this post here with us. Sushi is a Japanese food that is very delicious..

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » July 3rd, 2013, 11:46 pm

From my bit of online research, and my experience this past year since I developed a gluten problem while taking a particular medicine, I can vouch that replacing wheat products with those alternatives can help. I'm down 20 pounds without starving.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

Mary Kay

Post by Mary Kay » July 5th, 2013, 12:14 am

I'm on the South Beach diet recommended by my EP and I've lost 10 lbs. It's focus is away from white flour products. If you do eat bread they say to make sure it is real whole wheat. Stay away from any sugar which includes fruit juice. The weight loss for me showed up in the way my clothes fit and from comments from friends before it showed up on the scale. I haven't been as diligent as I could be but I'm getting there. If I do it right, I am not hungry. Since I started wearing the compression stockings my legs are feeling better so now I really have no excuse for not walking more.
Thanks for the post and :congratulations: It is so important for our heart health. dancehearts
CHF, Cardiomyopathy and LBBB
EF 20%
St. Jude Bi Vent ICD CRT implanted September 9, 2011
7 shock storm inappropriate due to dislodged lead
damaged lead removed and replaced Sept 26, 2011
EF improved to 50% in December 2012
Carvedilol 12.5 mg 2x
Ramipril 5 mg 2x

Nolan

Post by Nolan » July 10th, 2013, 10:17 pm

From my bit of online investigation, and my encounter recently since I designed a gluten issue while getting a particular medication, I can attest that changing rice items with those solutions can help. I'm down 20 weight without hungry.

Nolan

Post by Nolan » July 12th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Nolan wrote:From my bit of online investigation, and my encounter recently since I designed a gluten issue while getting a particular medication, I can attest that changing rice items with those solutions can help. I'm down 20 weight without hungry.
Weight Loss Cary