Back on the weight train again...

A Forum for those with or for those who know people with ICD's and are interested in their ongoing desire and work towards optimum weight.
Mark

Back on the weight train again...

Post by Mark » June 25th, 2012, 12:27 am

Well, I have plateaued and been here for some time... No re- gain, but time to start removing the fat again. What are you guys doing? I started on green drinks awhile ago and am in the process of getting the meat consumption down to 25% of total daily, so I have been doing 2 green drinks, and 2 decent meals ( figuring each drink are actually 4 servings of vegys, 1 fruit and 1 protein: total calories daily around 1500 - 1800. In-between snack allowed. Am seeing drop in blood sugar but want it even more controlled.

freckles1880

Re: Back on the weight train again...

Post by freckles1880 » June 25th, 2012, 7:56 am

I know you have the blood sugar issues where I have the salt issues. I hurt my groin muscle a couple of months ago and when I finally went to my MD he suggested the bike machine, without the foot holder. So I started that and stopped walking so much as that's where I was keeping my groin hurting. Well I gained 3 pounds almost immediately and it has taken almost 2 months to get down 2 of them. I do eat pretty healthy although I am not counting calories. Very little red meat.
If I go by the charts I could still lose 10 pounds but when I get down another 4 I look too thin in the face and my warden gets concerned. :duh: Bottom line we need to watch what we eat and continue to exercise.

Sounds like a broken record to me. wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 25th, 2012, 8:03 pm

oh in your blog i gave you a lecture mark ehee.....cos i read your daily intake for one day....seems however you are on track taking a higher amount of calories which is good.....

im on 1200 but moving weight very slowly i find i cant take the meal replacement drinks though cos theyre loaded with sodium and i have to watch the water intake....im eating my water in veggies lol...loads of fruit veggies lean fish or chicken.......no processed foods...but im also watching gluten so im not taking anything with gluten.....

good luck......when i get some energy and time left im draggin bessie (my bike ) out again......
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Mark

Post by Mark » June 25th, 2012, 10:39 pm

The green drinks are made at home from all fresh fruit and vegys. Nothing packaged or pre made. Just vegys, fruit, water and a blender. Baby spinach, kale, tomatoes, radishes, carrots, cabbage, blueberries, bananas, brocolli( but not much) , tofu, and flax seed to name a few.

They drink beautifully and actually fill you up. The big plus is not a lot of calories, and a great way for us to get our vegetables in for the day.

Minuses: coumadin levels (INR) I watch, and I adjust.

Pluses: energy, clean bowels (goes without saying), very low fat, paving the for my tomatoe salad with olive oil, satisfied without feeling guilty.

Overall: Winner..... The drink is great, it is a way to reduce the amount of cooked food. Raw is better, but I will not give up on my favorites from pizza to corned beef. EVERYTHING in moderation. I consider my health change a better way of fueling me instead of thinking of it as a diet. Less meat, more fresh produce.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 26th, 2012, 10:40 am

ok....got my blender out...

Mark

Post by Mark » June 27th, 2012, 3:44 pm

mykidsmom wrote:ok....got my blender out...
it really works, and you feel better too...a must try but just a caution to those on coumadin- WATCH YOUR INR!!

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 27th, 2012, 5:43 pm

did it yesterday..but i have to admit i didnt do a green drink i did fruit.....awesome im in love with the blender again hehe......but im going to try the green one later i have some veggies ready....i got side tracked today cos we thought our newest grandson was arriving 3 weeks early...he changed his mind....so back on track.