Welcome

Naples, Florida
Kat

Welcome

Post by Kat » August 22nd, 2008, 10:01 am

Hello Naples group!! Welcome aboard.

Please use this area to post meeting information. Generally we post date and time. If meeting location is a private residence, please use caution when posting personal information (address and phone numbers). For our local bay area group, we use a email distribution list and have the member send thier preferred email address through the private message function on this board.

All general discussion regarding ICDs please keep in the main forum.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

ICDSupportGroupNaples

from Jori

Post by ICDSupportGroupNaples » August 23rd, 2008, 12:55 pm

Hello Everyone. Allow me to second Kat's welcome. And thank you thank you thank you, Kat and Mark, for your help in setting this up. I'm so excited! I'm working on sending out a notice to everyone's email address that I collected at our first meeting that we are up and functional on this site as well as reminders to everyone to please 1) register yourself to this site, 2) be sure to use the main forum for all your comments and support, and 3) use our local Naples forum for meeting information, comments and feedback, future topics, suggestions, etc.

Remember, too, to please send me a personal message if you need to contact me about anything specific or to use our new email address that I'll be providing to every one of you.

Look forward to hearing from everyone! Send a note once you've registered.

Warm regards,
Jori

Mark

Post by Mark » August 23rd, 2008, 3:57 pm

Ahhh nice to see a new forum and let me welcome all of you to the ICD Support Group. I feel this extension of our main forum to help coordinate local area groups, was a great idea when Kat and few others introduced it. We plan as time goes on to see more and more local area groups forming and working hand in hand with this site, as an area to find answers, post questions, learn and share of our selves and our lives since we all have these ICD's implanted.

Let me personally say welcome and thank you to Jori for inquiring and willing to work to have her group be able to better organize by uniting together and by coordinating meetings and 'happenings' in the Naples Florida area. I think everyone in Naples and the surrounding area will find this a useful tool and also enjoy the ongoing discussions in the main forum. We do pride ourselves on helping others with ICD's and those that are personally involved with those with ICD's. As you become more familiar with this site, you will find a wealth of knowledge and compassion unmatched anywhere online for ICD recipients.

Also, an ongoing and never ending thanks to Kat who helps me out in so many ways, as well as moderates the forum areas- with both Jori and Kat I believe you will all be in great hands. :)

Again, welcome to the site, welcome to your forum and may this message find you all doing well. Look forward to many posts from our newest family members. :D
Last edited by Mark on August 24th, 2008, 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

ICDSupportGroupNaples

Post by ICDSupportGroupNaples » August 24th, 2008, 7:04 am

Thank you, Mark for your kind words and encouragement. I hope by next week you'll see some of our members joining in to these discussions. I know I look forward with anticipation every time a notification message pops up in my inbox!

hugooc

Congratulations Naples ICD Support Group!

Post by hugooc » August 26th, 2008, 11:17 pm

Congratulations to Jori and to the members of the Naples ICD Group. This is very exciting!

I hope we get to see other groups popping up throughout the country.

And Mark, thanks for providing the online place for us to meet.

limatolad

Naples Support Group

Post by limatolad » August 27th, 2008, 7:27 pm

Thank you for hosting the Naples ICD Support Group. I am a clinical educator that works at one of our local hospitals and have been around the EP lab since it's inception locally. My goal is to learn from patients so I can teach the cath lab staff and unit nurses the finer points of an ICD, rather than just immediate pre-op and post-op care, which ultimately will lead to better care. The first meeting was way beyond my expectations. Thank you again.

Adam :lol:

~guin

WELCOME!

Post by ~guin » August 28th, 2008, 9:08 pm

WOW - I am so happy to see another Support Group pop up here -- we are now Coast to Coast and need to get some more support groups in between!

You guys will feel at home here and learn lots.
~guin

jessicab

Post by jessicab » September 10th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Hello, I work with Jori at Naples Heart Rhythm Specialts. I check the pacemakers and defibrillators at the office. I look forward to seeing you all at the Naples ICD Support Group meetings and/or in the office. I will be checking in on the main forum from time to time. Take Care!!!