O.T. - just a trifle sad...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2009

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

spencer

Re: O.T. - just a trifle sad...

Post by spencer » June 28th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Grandparents everywhere can relate to your feelings. When I reached a poin in life that I could visit my grandmother with my daughter I had no idea how much it meant to her.
Some things we learn so late in life. My grandkids and therefore my greatgrands make no special effort to see me, and we are only 8 miles apart and the babys grow up so fast. There is one that lives in the same town as I, and she does not ever bring her darling baby (my youngest) to see me.
You know what? we just have to love'em anyway.

You take care of yourself.

marion (spencer)

karslake

Post by karslake » March 19th, 2011, 12:58 am

I have been in touch with both my grandchildren - mainly e-mail and./or Facebook. Neither have my daughter's address or 'phone number. The younger, Hannah, says they haven't spoken in 6 years; Gemma, the older, married in 2009 and is making me a 'great-grandmother' next month. I think my daughter is having some sort of psychological crisis.

Eve & Blabbermouth 111

MichaelP

Post by MichaelP » March 19th, 2011, 6:35 am

Eve,

You and your daughter are in my prayers. It's never easy when our children are away and we just don't know for sure if they are OK. As you know, it is the same whether they are 2 or 32, they will always be our babies. :hugg:

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » March 19th, 2011, 8:19 am

It is always sad when family members have some type of disagreement and lose touch. It took my heart attack to get my brother back in contact with me. I pray that things will get better for all. We don't have to agree but do need to know about each other. wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » March 19th, 2011, 8:32 am

Hi Eve,
I'm happy for you that you got in touch with your Granddaughters. I'm sure that brings you some comfort. I too pray that you soon hear some news about the whereabouts and information about your Daughter.
:hugg:
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

karslake

Post by karslake » March 19th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Thanks all, for your good wishes. I was planning to go to the UK if I feel well enough to travel - mainly to see my daughter, but really there's no point now!
E ve & Blabbermouth 111