PVC Update

Posts from Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2009

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

4EverHopeful

PVC Update

Post by 4EverHopeful » March 13th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Back in November my PVCs were above 15%. My lower heart pacing was only at 83% instead of 92% to which my EP believed the PVCs were the problem. My EP performed a PVC ablation which was unsuccessful. The next step was prescribing Amiodarone and increasing my upper lead pacing to 70bpm to override any PVCs.

Yesterday I went in for my three month interrogation. My EP was elated for my PVCs have dropped to less than 1% and my lower heart pacing had increased from 83% to 99% pacing!:) He wants to see me back in June for another interrogation and an echocardiogram. Meanwhile he doesn't want to change anything until we see whether or not my heart is responding to the therapy.

I knew I was having less PVCs for before I was having so many I was used to them and ignored them, but now when I have one, I really notice and feel it. I have at least now moved up from being extremely fatigue to being extremely tired:) I think it's the meds more than anything at this point. My EP initially wanted to increase my Coreg from 25mg to 50mg, but knew I couldn't handle it so he wants to leave it alone for now. My blood pressure is already low enough.

He did share with me that his patient before me five years ago had stomach cancer and went into heart failure with an EF of 10%. She had a CRT-D implanted and her heart didn't respond or improve for three years. It suddenly started to respond to the treatment and her heart returned to normal. Last year they removed her CRT-D and she is doing great. His point being that for some patients they can be stable for many years before there is sign of any improvements....
Phyllis

God's prescription for the heart:
O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit
down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am.
Psalm 139:1-3

Non-ischemic DCM 09/11
PVCs, LBBB, leaky mitral valve
St Judes CRT-D (Bubba) 02/12; (Bubba II) 09/17
EF 20% 09/11; 25% 07/12; 35% 02/16
Failed PVC Ablation 11/12
Coreg, Zestril, Asprin, Aldactone, Lasix, Zocor, Levothroid
viewtopic.php?p=87649#p87649